Terms of Service for Private Commissions
If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
1. GENERAL TERMS
- All drawings will include a subtle signature that you may not remove.
- I might stream the drawing process on my twitch channel if I can/want to do so.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- All payments must be paid through Ko-fi or PayPal.
- Commissions through PayPal can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval. Ko-fi commissions must be paid 100% upfront.
- Do NOT send a payment through PayPal before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
- Once I have received your commission request and confirmed that I am willing to work on it, I will add it to my commission queue and send a confirmation email.
- I will notify you when I have started on your commission and you, therefore, lose the rights to a full refund (see point 7 further below for more info on refunds).
- While I'm working on your commission I will make reviews with you to make sure I make it just right for you!
- The amount of reviews depends on the complexity of the work.
- During the reviews, you will see work-in-progress and these images will usually include a watermark and be smaller than the finished piece.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week - 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, and other unknown factors.
- If anything comes up that will slow the progress of the initially estimated delivery time I will let you know asap.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork. Just ask :)
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing - unless, of course, a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
5. COPYRIGHT / USAGE POLICY
- I, the artist, claim the rights to the produced drawing, not the buyer. Therefore I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- Promote myself with it everywhere
- Publish books with it (artbooks, etc.)
- Display it everywhere to my liking (website, social media, etc.)
- Post it wherever I want
- The buyer is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed otherwise (you can upload it on all your social media profiles, forums, etc.)
- Print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself.
- Use the artwork to promote themselves. You are not forced to give me credit when you post it but it is very appreciated.
- Use the artwork on in monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main subject for the earnings.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means making money off it in any way.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Removing my signature from the artwork
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- I reserve the full rights to the image and it's use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon (rights to the image for your own non-personal use may be purchased at any time).
6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- I will do everything I can to make my customers happy!
- If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me right away so we can find a solution together.
- I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start on your commission. If you, e.g., do not want me to post the commissioned art anywhere, we can discuss this.
7. REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- The buyer is not allowed a full refund once I start working on the commission.
- Partial refunds may be discussed depending on the the state of the commission once I have started working on it.
If the buyer breaks any of the points stated above they will lose all the beforementioned rights to the artwork commissioned by me, Joe Frizzell (the artist), and I will have the right to profit further from the commissioned artwork in any way I see fit. If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying your commissioned piece.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- Full-resolution file (varies based on commision type, see Commisions section) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.